Why Join PTA?
PTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. Today's PTA is comprised of 5 million parents, teachers, grandparents, caregivers, foster parents and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. We speak with one voice for every child.
Today, the issues affecting our children extend beyond their individual schools. The PTA's nationwide network provides parents with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to the PTA.
Many benefits our children receive today, such as universal kindergarten, the National School Lunch Program, and a juvenile justice system, were accomplished as a result of the PTA mission.
With Today's PTA, families also have access to important benefits, including:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children magazine, and a robust Back-to-School kit of resources
- Leadership development through state and local training, webinars and e-learning courses
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills
- Prestigious national awards
- Cost savings from national and state retailers and other PTA partners
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our conferences for emerging minority leaders, male mentors, and advocates
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA
To join the PTA or discuss how to bring the PTA to your school, please contact the West Virginia PTA Office.
Check out the National PTA Member Benefits webpage for details about these and much more!
Get Connected ~ There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
Watch Yourself Grow ~ By volunteering with PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies
to good use for a good cause—your child and all children.
Speak Up ~ Because the PTA is a forum for idea exchange and advocacy, PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest
Witness Improvement ~ By getting involved in PTA, you'll help make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in
fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events—all vital to a school's success.
Be a Role Model ~ As a PTA member, you demonstrate to your child the importance you place on education.
Two Easy Ways to Join!
Join a local unit. There are over 90 PTA/PTSA units across the West Virginia. Contact Us to find out more!
Start a Unit. If you are a parent, school employee, or maybe a concerned citizen in an area without a PTA, starting a new unit is easy to do. If there’s no parent group activity at your school now, or your existing parent group wants to realize all the benefits of PTA membership, please contact our state office and we will help you get started.